Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Andover Parish Registers - 18

I continued working on the Andover Parish Registers - burials from the first register and I have completed up to December 1596 which is a total of 369 burials from 1586 to 1596. Fortunately I have been able to use my baptismal register when some of the names are difficult to read for comparison. The burial register will prove to be extremely handy as I work through my family lines at Andover.

Other than that this was a quiet day and we took a long walk in the evening. Usually we would go earlier but it rained all day so we waited to see if there would be a decrease (and there wasn't so we headed out anyway for a pleasant 2 kilometre walk).

Tomorrow I will continue with the burial register for Andover but I expect it will take me at least a week to complete up to 1633 and then the first register is complete.

No comments: