Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

Yesterday was busy with all the festivities of Christmas. We didn't make it to Church after all but will go on Sunday. From going every week of my life, I have been for the last two years only going occasionally. I watch Church on TV. Jesus would want us to do the best that we can do in this world and I need to find a niche where I can fit in and do that.

I finally get to look at all of my records which my family were giving me for Christmas. I have the fiche for Landkey, Merton, Molland and Rose Ash to enjoy and find my people in. Plus the 1586 Subsidy for Hampshire to help me to straighten out my Blake family there plus an added bonus was finding Dorothy Madgwick's father John except the name is actually spelled Magewicke which explains why I could never find it. Still Hugh Hellyer doesn't show up amongst the Hellyer families and that is the father of Ann Hellier who married William Blake. With all the tax records I can see a pattern emerging for my Blake family in the 1500s and 1600s and I am able to trace them down from the late 1600s to the present.

My other books are about DNA, Latin for Local and Family Historians (from the National Archives webpages) and an interesting one on the Little Ice Age.

No comments: