Friday, February 13, 2009

Landkey Parish Registers - 13 February 2009

Continuing with the Landkey Parish Registers, the priest is only recording the baptisms and burials now and about two pages at a time to each. Both baptisms and burials are increasingly slightly. There are fewer infant burials but still about 35% of all births end in early death by 2 to 3 years of age. 1860 baptisms up to the end of 1760. I am on the last row of images of the last fiche and the last year is 1764 for baptisms. There are a couple of Memorandums that the priest wrote which should make interesting reading.

Requests for information on the Siderfin family are coming in once again. They are usually for the descendants of Thomas Siderfin (b 1777) and possibly the youngest brother of my 3x great grandmother Elizabeth. I can not prove the link but the name is so unusual it is hard to believe that they are not all related.

We looked after the dogs overnight and that was a big job. It has quite convinced me that I would not like to have a dog. They are a lot of work and especially puppies need about one year of training.

I have put on 140,000 steps on my pedometer since the beginning of February. It has certainly been a busy month although that is just over 10,000 steps per day. 10,000 steps per day is the recommended number of steps that an adult should do in one day for good health. I am following the Trans Canada Trail online and gradually crossing Canada figuratively. I think it will take me a couple of years to travel the Trans Canada Trail as it isn't direct.

I am thrilled that my daughter's thesis is now complete and into her committee. The end is in sight for her. Job hunting will occupy her for the next few months and then moving. Life is hard for young people these days of tough economic times.

No comments: