Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Andover Parish Registers - 8

I have now completed the transcription of the Andover Parish Registers for baptisms to October 1621. That is a total of 1690 baptisms. The Blake lines are thinning out as they moved to Abbotts Ann, Penton Mewsey, Monxton, Upper Clatford, Kimpton, and others in the area of Andover. I will be looking for the Spring, Drew, Madgwick, and Hellier families as I move on through the register.

That was pretty well all of the transcription that I did today. I spent a couple of hours on Genuki and I need to continue with adding parish register transcriptions that I have received. I also have a number of pictures to add to the villages that we visited last year when we were in Hampshire.

We went for a 3Km walk today and a 14 Km bike ride. As well I hung the clothes on the line. We have managed to do that for the entire month of April and hope to continue right through to the end of October. It saves on electricity usage.

All in all an interesting day. We are watching as the alert level rises from the WHO regarding the swine flu. So far no cases in Ottawa.

No comments: