Sunday, April 5, 2009

Results of Research at Salt Lake City - 5 April 2009

Returning to working on the Salt Lake City images and I transcribed Milton Abbas Poor Law Records for 1696 and 1656 today. Very interesting reading and I need to analyze them now to see if I have added to the information on my Arnold family who lived at Milton Abbas in the 1600s and 1700s by parish records. Hannah Arnold married Charles Butt at Winterborne Stickland and they were my 3x great grandparents. I will continue transcribing the Milton Abbas records to see if any interesting Arnold information emerges. The next set of Poor Law records are for Turnworth and those I am going to find extremely interesting as my Knight family quite dominate the parish registers at Turnworth in the 1800s.

I also added a list of surnames to the Hampshire England DNA project with assistance from the coordinator for the Devon Project. I had drawn out a list from the UK Surnames site but I added to that the Kingsclere site which she had mentioned to me. Up to three members now and I am hopeful that this particular study will form the nucleus of my Hampshire research. Managing the Hampshire Genuki pages gives me the opportunity to really add detail to the parishes of Hampshire.

Tomorrow I shall continue working on the Milton Abbas records. Other than the APG committee that I am serving on I do not have any commitments that are time related. I really want it to be like that so that I can work on items at my call rather than being dictated to by the needs of presenting or assisting.

No comments: