Friday, July 31, 2009

Siderfin - 3

Today, I extracted all the BMD information from the parishes around Selworthy for the Siderfin family. I had done this earlier and have a copy of the excel file on my website but I had missed a few of the parishes. Transcriptions on line on a site hosted by Martin Southwood have become available and I extracted from some of the parishes that I do not have. In particular I now have the entries for the Augustine Siderfin/Mary Davis family which is my direct line. I am colour coding my new chart with red for entries I have not yet located and green for verified and identified entries.

I also prepared my bio and abstract for my talk in September and sent that off for enclosure in the conference booklet. This will be my last lecture as I find it takes too much of my time to do these talks and there are plenty of people out there now who talk about DNA. I will continue doing my research studies and eventually they will be published. We are slowly working away on these projects.

I booked my microfilm readers for my film at the Family History Centre for my husband and myself on Tuesday. I suspect three hours a day will work very well for both of us. I will photograph the pages so that I can work away at them in my own time. Hutton Cranswick proves to be interesting for the Carling line as well so will collect that information at the same time. I do hope to learn more about the Bradfield Berkshire Lambden family. If this is my Nathanael son of John Lambden and Joan Caruthue he has five siblings: Mary, Sarah, John, Benjamin and Joseph. Interestingly Nathanael and Sarah's children are: Nathaniel, John, William and Elizabeth and all baptized at Andover. whereas Nathanael and his siblings were all baptized at Bradfield, Berkshire.

Tomorrow I will continue searching out the Bradfield, Hutton Cranswick and Driffield families in order to be ready to read the microfilms on Tuesday.

I bought my shoes for our daughter's wedding. Lovely black leather wedge shoes with a strap. They will be most comfortable and they look quite classical for a wedding. Just need the dress now.

No comments: