Monday, February 22, 2010

Piché and Tourangeau families

Now proving the 3x great grandparents Jean Baptiste Neveu and Léa Lapointe, I have not yet found the baptism of Jean Baptiste Neveu although he states he is born 11 Apr 1861. I have found the baptisms for both of his parents. However the marriage registration for Jean Baptiste Neveu and Léa Lapointe at Pointe Gatineau 20 Sep 1882 is difficult to read and I am still working on that transcription. The parents I have taken from an online table but I am now trying to verify the information.

I did find the parents of Adélaide Piché from her baptism as Pierre Piché and Adélaide Tourangeau but would still like to verify the marriage of Jean Baptiste Neveu and Léa Lapointe before proceeding further back in time.

Since the biggest problem is finding the marriage of Jean Baptiste and Léa I decided to do some online searching and came across an interesting post to the Audet family message board:

In 1957, the Institut Généalogique Drouin in Montreal did our family tree. Innocent Audet mar.Reine Vincente, Nicolas Audet mar. Madelaine Després (1670), François Audet mar. Marguerite Bernard (1709), François Audet mar. Madeleine Baillargeon (1730), François Audet mar. Thérèse Létourneau (1763), Pierre Audet mar. Marie-Genevière Plouffe (1793), François-Audet Lapointe mar. Olive Richer (1852), Hyacinthe Lapointe mar. Angèle Grandmaison (1893), Delphis Lapointe mar. Catherine-Esther Villeneuve in 1922, Vital Lapointe mar. Pauline Richard (1947).

As always substantiating this online information is always a first priority but as I glanced back through the records that I have looked at already I am realizing that this claims there is a son François from the marriage of François Audet and Madeleine Baillargeon which does not appear on other people's charts. Working my way back from François Audet Lapointe married to Oliver Richer 26 Feb 1852 at St-Hermas is a good start back. I need to prove Léa back at some point and this will give me those details. I am still needing the marriage lines for Léa and Jean-Baptiste and will continue that search. The LDS must be going to put the registers for Point Gatineau online as they have the index set up. Hopefully they will be more legible than the ones on Ancestry at the moment. It is good having so many groups working on this material.

Perhaps by the end of today I will have proven the submission to the message board and learned a little more about the Audet dit Lapointe family.

No comments: