Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Abbotts Ann Parish Registers

I have now completed up to 1599 in the Parish Registers of Abbotts Ann. One new Blake entry, a burial for Elizabeth Blake (no details given). Perhaps she is the wife of Robert and mother of Thomas Blake baptized 1 Sep 1568. She was buried 21 Mar 1581 at Abbotts Ann (Thomas would have been 13 years old). This Robert would have been born at least by 1548 +/- 2 years or earlier. There are Robert Blake entries (grandsons of Robert Blake brother to Nicholas Blake) not yet traced down. I do not know anything about the eldest son of Robert Blake (d 1542) who was Robert Blake.

I finished my book on the Royal Welsh Fusiliers (I started a book report blog in this new year although  not too many books yet as this book took a while to read) and have begun the book "The King's Speech." I quite enjoyed the movie and I am going to try to read two books a week. I decided to try and maintain a blog of book reports on my reading. At first it seemed somewhat odd as I have read thousands and thousands of books since I learned to read at the age of three years but then I decided it is never to late to set up such a log. Mostly my books will pertain to genealogy but not always.

I will continue to work on updating my gedcom of my Blake family line. It has proven to be a much more formidable task than I initially anticipated. It was never really my intention to enter all the wills and other details into my family file but I have decided now that that is a good idea. For the families that are not closely related to me I am entering the details into my One Name File for Blake.

No comments: