Sunday, November 20, 2011

Completion of North Molton Parish Registers up to 1707

The Parish Registers of North Molton transcription to 1707 is now complete and there are 4963 baptisms, 1008 marriages,  3048 burials and 162 banns. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of entries. Being able to look deeply into the Pincombe family at North Molton was also most rewarding.

The next step is to proofread this parish register transcription and that will likely wait for the New Year. I must now prepare for my dedicated research time of ten days so that I have everything ready to go. Working on the excel file for the Bishops Nympton Parish Register has been a goal of mine for a few years but I never had a really good time that I would be isolated so that I could work on it. The time has come and I shall take full advantage of it.

The Pincombe entries in the last few years of the registers at North Molton (as far as I have transcribed it) yielded very few Pincombe entries. My thoughts are now directed at the Pincombe family there in the 1700s and one source that might lead me to them are the Freeholder books transcribed by the Genuki Devon team and I am happy to say that I was one of them. Checking the online database there were no Pincombe freeholders at North Molton in the 1700s. I will put the rest of the entries together shortly remembering there were a number of burials. I would like to complete my study of the Pincombe family there although it may have to wait until I purchase the other parish registers for North Molton.

No comments: