Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Corrections to Posts

I was entering my will names into the Probate Index Excel file which I submit to the Guild of One Name Studies and discovered a few errors here and there so have gone back in and corrected the various items. Sometimes I just had it wrong in the discussion! Must have been doing this in my sleep and other times my formatting was off a bit.

Busy times with garden cleanup and a couple of personal items.

First covering of light snow this morning. Winter has returned and with it the shorter days that let me transcribe more readily. I do want to get back to the fiche transcription as well.

I am so behind on my emails and wish I could keep up with everything but want to continue forging ahead with the wills. Once they are completed I can look at the Blake family in the various areas with a more skillful eye as I work through the census and BMDs that are available online.

I have decided not to come up past 1950 at the most as that means I am looking at people still living although over 60 years of age. I would not be putting such information online but it lets me connect backwards if I actually do put this material together that can be found in the BMDs in England.

How to look at the Blake family in Ireland? I have had a boost on that with one of the yDNA testers in the Blake project. He descends from the Galway Blake line and already has a research group looking at their genealogy. This is a real bonus to all Irish descendants as they could test their yDNA and see if their research is taking them in the right direction. Thank you to him. Much appreciated.

No comments: