Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Will of Robert Blake, Gentleman of Minehead, Somerset - The National Archives PROB 11/1592/31, probated 3 May 1817

Robert Blake is the testator. He is the brother of Francis Blake whose will was blogged:

http://kippeeb.blogspot.ca/2013/10/will-of-francis-blake-merchant-minehead.html

This family had a familial history linking them collaterally with Admiral Robert Blake. Robert would have the same descendancy as his brother Francis and I wrote that information up in the blog on his will. I shall check my Minehead fiche to see if I can find this marriage of Robert and Elizabeth. He does not mention any children.

There is a marriage 1 Dec 1810 by Licence between Robert Blake, bachelor, and Elizabeth Birchinshaw, spinster at Minehead St Michael.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 30 Oct 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1592/31
Testator: Robert Blake, Gentleman
Place: Minehead, Somerset, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 4 Mar 1813, probated 3 May 1817
Condition: 19th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Robert
[Margin]: Blake
[Margin]: 3

1    This is the last Will and Testament of me Robert
2    Blake of Minehead in the County of Somerset Gentleman as follows All and singular my Goods
3    rights Chattels Credits ready money and Securities for money debts personal and Testamentary Estate
4    and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever which I am or shall be in any manner possessed of or entitled unto
5    either in possession reversion or expectancy I give and bequeath unto my wife Elizabeth Blake her Exors
6    Admors and Assigns for ever and I nominate constitute and appoint the said Elizabeth Blake whole and sole Extrix
7    of this my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I have to this my Will subscribed my Name and
8    affixed my Seal this fourth day of March in the year of our Lord 1813 Rob[er]t Blake Signed
9    Sealed published and declared by the said Testator Robert Blake as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence
10    of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our
11    Names as Witnesses Frans: Bastone Cecilia Bastone
12    Proved at London 3rd May 1817 before the Judge by the Oath of Elizabeth Blake is the relict and sole Extrix
13    to whom admon was granted being first Sworn by Comon duly to admr

No comments: