Monday, January 13, 2014

Will of Thomas Bradley otherwise Blake, mariner, Portsmouth, Hampshire - The National Archives PROB 11/894/370, probated 22 Dec 1763

I did this will because it came up on the Blake search but have no idea why Thomas Bradley used the surname Blake. This is the last of the PCC wills for Hampshire and I will now work on the wills from the Hampshire Record Office for which I have quite a few. They are from the 1500s and 1600s so will be slower coming probably but will try for a will a day.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 13 Jan 2014
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/894/370
Testator: Thomas Bradley otherwise Blake, mariner
Place: Rockford, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 14 Jul 1755, probated 22 Dec 1763
Condition: 18th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Thomas Bradley
[Margin]: otherwise
[Margin]: Blake

1    In the name of God Amen
2    I Thomas Bradley Mariner belonging to his Majestys Ship
3    Captain Son of Thomas Bradley of Portsmouth in the county
4    of Southampton labourer being in Bodily health and of sound
5    and disposing mind and memory and considering the perils and
6    dangers of the Seas and other uncertainties of this transitory
7    life do for avoiding controversies after my decease make
8    publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner
9    following that is to say first I Recommend my Soul to God that
10    gave it and my body I commit to the Earth or Sea as it shall
11    please God to order and as for and concerning all my worldly
12    Estate I Give bequeath and dispose thereof as followeth that
13    is to say all my pay and Wages Sum and Sums of Money
14    Lands Tenements Goods Chattels and Estate whatsoever as
15    shall be any ways due owing or belonging unto me at the time
16    of my decease I do give devise and bequeath the same unto
17    my said Father Thomas Bradley to and for his own use and
18    benefit and I do hereby nominate and appoint my said Father
19    Thomas Bradley sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament
20    hereof revoking all former and other Wills Testaments and Deeds
21    of Gift by me at anytime heretofore made and I do ordain and
22    ratify these presents to stand and be for and as my only last Will
23    and Testament In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have
24    set my hand and Seal the Fourteenth day of July in the year of
25    our Lord one thousand seven hundred and fifty five and in the
26    twenty ninth year of the Reign of his Majesty King George the
27    Second over Great Britain etc Tho: Bradley Signed Sealed
28    published and declared in the presence of us Thos Binsteed
29    Thos Binsteed Junr
30    On the twenty second day of December in the Year of our
31    Lord one thousand Seven hundred and Sixty three administration
32    with the Will annexed of the Goods Chattels and Credits of Thomas
33    Bradley otherwise Blake late belonging to his Majestys Ships
34    Captain and Shoreham a seaman in the pay of his Majestys
35    Navy Batchelor deceased and granted to John Hazard the
36    lawful Attorney of Thomas Bradley the Father of the said
37    deceased and Sole Executor named in the said Will for the use
38    and benefit of the said Executor now residing at Portsmouth in the
39    County of Southampton his having been first sworn duly to ad[mini]ster

No comments: