Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blog statistics - week of May 18 - 25, 2014

Periodically I glance at the statistics for my blog and was rather surprised to see that in a one week interval just past 1117 of my pages had been looked at in China.

One week statistics

Page lookups by country (top ten only listed)

China  1117

United States   305

Russia   181

United Kingdom   125

Germany   123

Canada   65

Poland   40

Australia   35

Ukraine   28

Hong Kong   21

I became aware following one of the lectures that my husband attended that my pages were handy for anyone transcribing old wills as you can now bring the original will up on Ancestry and than compare it with my transcription. An interesting feature of my blog that I certainly did not anticipate!

I wanted to look at the countries which are listed (and only the top ten are listed) and think about why people would look at my blog with respect to the pages that they are reviewing and again only the top ten are listed.

Blog posts (top ten looked at in a one week interval)

Will of Edward Blake - The National Archives PROB ...  Nov 28, 2013        91   

Visitation of Devon 1564, 1620 and 1620 with addit...  Aug 31, 2011     91
   
H11 haplogroup  Nov 5, 2013  88  

Family Pictures - Samuel George Blake 1875 - 1953  Nov 22, 2011     61
   
Blake Family yDNA Study and Theophilus Blake (Blea...  Mar 23, 2011     58
   
Theophilus Blake  Mar 29, 2011, 1 comment     58
   
Dumoulin family  May 9, 2011     57
      
Larente dit Vinet family  May 11, 2011     57
   
Moggeridge-Mogridge family of Porlock and Wootton ...  May 5, 2011, 3 comments     54
   
       
The most looked at blog post in this group of ten during the past week is for Edward Blake who has property at Andover but asks to be buried at Ludgershall. This will probated in 1626 is quite interesting and especially I should be able to place this Edward at some point in the future. He had property at Andover where my Blake line was. One of his grandchildren is named Nicholas and I have hypothesized is he a grandson of Robert Blake son of Nicholas Blake who left his will in 1547 at Knights Enham.    

The Blog post for the Visitation of Devon was the next most visited and it captures the Pincombe family for anyone interested in that particular family name.

H11 haplogroup post is linked to the H11 mtDNA study at FT DNA and anyone looking at the results for that grouping will see the link to my blog post on H11. I continue to work away periodically on that particular subclade of H haplogroup.

The Blake family pictures was the next most visited post and that did suprise me that so many people would find my pictures that interesting in this random one week time period. No ideas on why actually. But I did place them online in order to clearly establish my line back pictorially in the Blake family.

The next most visited post was the Blake family and in particular the Theophilus Blake family in the United States. A mistake crept into this family line and they had been incorrectly linked back to the Jasper Blake family of New Hampshire and Wimbotsham Norfolk. It is actually good to see that this post is being looked at in this random weekly sample.

The Dumoulin family post receives attention from both here in North America and in France. This French Canadian family traces back to Jacques Desmoulins dit Lagiroflée and Marguerite Feray (Ferré) who were married in France (I still have to find their marriage in France) and their son Michel Desmoulins who married Judith Bigras 15 Feb 1729 at Pointe-Claire, Montréal. The parents of Judith Bigrass were Francois Bigras and Marie Brunet who had married 31 Aug 1693 at Notre Dame in Montréal. Both being fairly ancient Quebec families.

The Larente dit Vinet family post also receives attention both in North America and France. Barthelémi Vinet dit Larente married Etiennette Alton 13 Jun 1672 at Montréal and this family too is quite interesting and another early Quebec family with both sets of parents of this couple being born and married in France.
   
The tenth post is on the Moggridge-Moggeridge family of West Somerset and Philip Moggridge, a researcher, living still in England has assisted me a great deal with this family and referred to one of my blogs with a post on his which likely resulted in this particular post being popular.

I had written this up before we went off to France and forgot to post it. It will help to jog my memory to occasionally look at the statistics and to check my comments as I sometimes forget to do that. 
   
   
   

No comments: