Sunday, February 8, 2015

Will of William Blake, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire - Diocese of Bristol Wills on Ancestry, no probate given

A very old will by William Blake of Winchcombe. He does not appear to name any children unless Agnes Marymon is his daughter. The other bequests are to males not carrying the Blake surname. He mentions his wife Jone. There is also mention of a water blake.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 8 Feb 2015
Source: Diocese of Bristol Wills on Ancestry
Testator: William Blake
Place: Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 1546, probated unknown
Condition: 16th century English, legible copy

[Top]: 1546/230
[Top]: Will[ia]m Blake

1    In die no[min]e Ame[n]: In the yere of our Lorde god M v xlvj in the xxxviij
2    yere of the reigne of our superior Lorde beynge henry the viij th kyng of
3    Englande France and Irelande defender of the faith and in extc (imme
4    djatly next under god) Supreme hed of the Church of Englande,
5    Irelande: I willi[a]m blake of Wynchombe sycke in body but hole and p[er]fecte
6    in mynde and of good reme[m]bra[n]ce do ordeyne and make this my testam[en]t
7    and last wyll in forme and man[ne]r folowynge:
8    Fyrst I bequeath my sole to almighty god to oure lady synt marey and
9    to all the company in hevyn and my body to be buryed in the paresh
10    churche yarde of synt peters in wynchombe
11    It[em] I bequethe to the mother churche iiij d
12    It[em] I bequeth to my son morcey my best gowne a wolsted doublet and
13    a payre of hosn
14    It[em] to Agnes Marymon my spare payr of sheets
15    It[em] to Oswalde myllys my letherne cote
16    It[em] to walt vycarey a peyre of hosn
17    And all the rest of my goods moveable and unmoveable I geve unto
18    Jone my wife makynge her my full Executrixs to dispose me to the
19    honor of god and to her _____ mak Mr George Roo Mr Archie Bur
20    mart and watr blake my ov[er]sears to ____ my wyff for _____ tho[se]
21    beynge testes Jhon Dyston, Jhon bere with other mee

No comments: