Wednesday, November 2, 2016

OGS Conference 2017

Bogged down at the moment with treasurer duties. Would have preferred not to have taken this particular one on but a treasurer was needed and my husband was asked if he would do that. He took it on with us as joint treasurers. I have no signing authority as I refused to do that! Will be really glad when it is over. This is my very last commitment with anything like that. At 71 I have no interest in taking on such tasks.  Although I can see the value in genealogy societies I personally have done most of my genealogy using the commercial databases and actually visiting repositories around the world mostly England for me. Plus I took 42 courses at the National Institute for Genealogical Studies.

Personally I prefer to spend my days on my one name studies!

No comments: