Thursday, January 5, 2017

Will of John Blake, Farmer, Hatfield Hertfordshire - The National Archives PROB 11/1790 - dated 21 Sep 1831

I did not find any information about the individuals mentioned in this will.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 4 Jan 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/1790
Name of testator: John Blake, Farmer
Place: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Dated 8 May 1831, probated 21 Sep 1831
Read: Electronic file images

[In margin] John Blake
[In margin] 6

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I John Blake of the parish of Hatfield in the County of Herts farmer
3    being of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding do hereby make
4    and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner following that is
5    to say First and principally I resign my Soul into the hands of Almighty
6    God who gave it and my body I commit to the Earth to be decently
7    interred in the Burial Ground of the parish Church of Hatfield aforesaid
8    I give devise and bequeath unto Frances Smith Spinster now residing with
9    me the daughter of Benjamin Smith and Frances his wife formerly of Ealing
10    in the County of Hants all that my leasehold messuage or tenement situate
11    and being No 7 Upper Rathbone place in the County of Middlesex for all the
12    residue and remainder of the term Estate and interest which I may be
13    entitled to therein at the time of my decease to and for her own absolute
14    use benefit and disposal also I give devise and bequeath all and singular
15    the household furniture goods plate linen and china together with the
16    stock of every description in and about my farm known by the name
17    of Ludwick hyde farm in the parish of Hatfield in the County of Herts
18    aforesaid and all my monies securities for money book and other debts
19    chattels Estate and Effects of what nature or kind soever the same may
20    receive and of or to which I shall be possessed or entitled at the time of
21    my death and over which I have a disposing power and wheresoever
22    situate subject nevertheless to the payment thereout of all debts which may
23    be justly owing by me at the time of my death to any person or persons
24    whomsoever and also to the payment thereout of my funeral and
25    Testamentary expences unto the said Frances Smith now residing with me
26    as aforesaid to and for her own absolute use benefit and disposal and lastly
27    I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint the said Francis Smith to be
28    sole Executrix of this my will and revoking all other Wills and Testamentary
29    disposition of me at any time heretofore made I do hereby make publish
30    and declare this to be my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I the
31    said John Blake have to this my last Will and Testament contained in
32    or written on two sheets of paper to the first sheet thereof set my hand
33    and to this second and last sheet thereof set my hand and seal this
34    twenty eighty day of May one thousand eight hundred and thirty one
35    John Blake Signed sealed published and declared by the said John
36    Blake the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence
37    of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other
38    have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses Benjamin Parle clerk
39    Bishops Hatfield Herts In: Rollo 5 Berners Street Oxford Street Ann White Hatfield
    [Page 2]
40    Proved at London the 21st September 1831 before the worshipful John Danbury
41    doctor of Laws and Surrogate by the Oath of Frances Smith Spinster the sole
42    Executrix to whom admon was granted being first sworn duly to administer

No comments: