Thursday, March 16, 2017

Will of William King, Yeoman, Holdenhurst, Hampshire - The National Archives PROB 11/368, probated 12 Jun 1669

The testator, William King, lives at Holnehurst and this is just too far away from Upper Clatford. Since I transcribed it I have blogged it as well.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 12 Mar 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/368
Name of testator: William King, Yeoman
Place: Holdenhurst, Hampshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 30 Aug 1668, probated 12 Jun 1669
[In margin] Testamentum William King

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I William King of Holnehurst in the Countie of South[amp]ton yeoman being
3    sicke in Bodie but of perfect sense and memorie God be praised therefore
4    doe make this my last Will and Testament in manner and forme
5    following Imprimis I bequeath my Soule to Almightie God and to Jesus Christ
6    my Saviour and Redeemer and my bodie to the Earth Item I give to my
q    daughter Mary King all my bonds Bill dues debts money householdstuffe
8    wearing Apparrell with all things else which is mine or shall be mine whome
9    I doe make and appoynte to be my Sole Executor of this my last Will and Tes
10    tament and I doe desire Anthonie Floricke Esquire and Master Henerie
11    Hastings Gentleman and Ellis Prowte to be Overseers of this my Will And I give
12    them for theire paines Five shillings a peece In witnesse hereof I have hereunto
13    put my hand and Seale this Thirtieth day of August in the yeare of our Lord
14    One Thousand Six hundred Sixtie Eight William King his marke Sealed Signed and
15    delivered in the presence of Henrie Reekes Nicholoas Heakey
16    Duodecimo die Mensis Junij Anno domini millesimo
17    Sexcentesimo Sexagesimo nono emanavit Commissio Antonio Florick Henerie
18    Hastings et Ellis Prowte scrutatoribus legitimo assignant Marie King Majori Filiae
19    ac Executrix nominat in Testamento siue ultima nomintate William King nuper    
20    de Holnehurst in Comitatu Northton defuncti habentis ad Administrancd bona jura
21    et Credita dicti defuncti juxta Tenorem et effectum Testamenti pradicti durante
22    minori estate et in iurum prefatis Executricis in Testamento nat__ de bene et fideliter
23    adomini sh____ eadem ad sancta dei Evangelia in debita jurio forma (vigore (em___ jurat)) etc

No comments: