Sunday, December 31, 2017

Size of your tree at AncestryDNA

Definitely the size of your tree at AncestryDNA is very important and especially tracing down the siblings of your various ancestors. My husband has over 80,000 in his main tree and with trimming to remove all the people born before 1940, he has 55,000 in his online tree. My tree is at 3800 and growing as I pull out all the descendants of my 2x great grandparents and 3x great grandparents. It is a slow process though creating these trees. My husband has been at it for 50 years and I have only been at it for 14 years now.

My tree at Find My Past is around 5000 and the hints that they make available to researchers have been quite handy. I always hope that one of these days my maternal grandmother's mother will pop up in one of the records in such a way as I will know it is her. I have all of her records from 1879 on knowing positively that it is her but before that time period I am being somewhat subjective. Of all the births for Ellen Taylor that I purchased for individuals with this name born between 1857 and 1862, the best choice is the daughter of Thomas Taylor and Ellen Roberts. But thus far I have not been able to positively identify any other descendant line of this couple other than my own.

Perhaps as this New Year dawns good luck will come my way in that regard.

Happy New Year 2018

No comments: