Thursday, August 6, 2020

Downsizing once again

I have two tables one of which belonged to my grandmother and one which belonged to my grandfather. The one table is quite small, more of a stool type thing except was probably used for plants which my grandmother Blake loved judging by the pictures that I have seen. The other table is one that my grandmother Pincombe used for her violets when I was a child along with several other tables. She had quite an assortment of violets when I first started going to her house on my own regularly (I was eight years old and until I married at 20 I went to her house every week pretty much). I still went to see her but not quite as often as life just became busy with me working and I decided to take some courses that year. However I did talk to her on the telephone a couple of times a week.

I need to ask my siblings, nieces and nephews whether they want these two particular tables before I take them to RESTORE (if they want them). Otherwise I will have to find another way to downsize them over the next little while. I need to keep downsizing and I have not kept very many things that  belonged to my family. Size was very important in my thinking. With these two items I just have a rocking chair that was my grandmothers left in terms of size. My workroom now holds everything that I want to keep but there is a large proportion of items in there that are not going to be kept as I continue to downsize. COVID-19 has made our passing books on to users stop. We have passed on to various repositories/libraries nearly three-quarters of our books. But there is still a lot to donate. 

No comments: