Sunday, March 3, 2013

Will of John Buller, Licensed Victualler, Oxford Market, Middlesex - The National Archives PROB 11/1832/200, probated 18 Jun 1834

John Buller testator died in 1834 at Oxford Market, Middlesex and my curiosity encouraged me to add this will to the Buller collection just in case. However, he mentions only his wife Margaret and his witnesses do not have the surname Buller so not overly helpful in my trek to find my 3x great grandfather Christopher Buller or any relatives of Christopher other than the known ones I already have (i.e. all of his children).

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 21 Feb 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1832/200
Testator: John Buller, Licensed Victualler
Place: Oxford Market, Middlesex, England
Date of document:  2 Jun 1834, probated 18 Jun 1834
Read: Electronic copy images
Document quality: 19th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: John
[Margin]: Buller
[Margin]: 3

1    This is the last Will and Testament of me
2    John Buller of Oxford Market in the County of Middlesex Licensed
3    Victualler I give and bequeath unto my dear wife Margaret Buller all my
4    Estate and Effects of what nature or kind soever and wheresoever which I may
5    be possessed of or entitled unto at the time of my decease To hold the same unto
6    my said Wife Margaret Buller her Executors Administrators and Assigns as and
7    for her own sole property for ever and I do hereby nominate Constitute and
8    appoint my said Wife Margaret Buller sole Executrix of this my said Will thereby
9    revoking and making void all former and other wills and I do declare this alone to
10    be my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I the said John Buller
11    have hereunto set my hand and Seal this second day of June one thousand
12    eight hundred and thirty four The Mark of John X Buller Signed
13    Sealed published and declare by the Testator John Buller as and for his last Will
14    and Testament in the presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the
15    presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses John
16    Slatin 22 Oxford Market Patrick Rutherford 47 Great Marlbone Street
17    E R Phillips Sol[icito]r 76 Great Titchford Street James Grose 1 Duke
18    Street Grov Sgu[ar]e
19    Proved at London the 18th June 1834 before the Worshipful Charles
20    Coote Doctor of Laws and Surrogate by the Oath of Margaret Buller Widow the Relict
21    and the sole Executrix to whom adm[inistrati]on was granted having been first sworn duly to adm[iniste]r

No comments: