Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Will of Sarah Blake, Baker of Winslow, Buckinghamshire - The National Archives, PROB 11/1458/282, probated 30 Apr 1807

Sarah Blake is the wife of John Blake, Baker at Winslow whose will was blogged 25 Apr 2013. Her will was probated eight years earlier than that of her husband John Blake. I do not known when John died. He had named his wife as his executor but his eldest daughter Susannah as heir at law probated the will. Neither John nor Martha, the other two children were 21 years of age.

There isn't any new information on this Blake family in this particular will. She has not described herself as a widow nor does she mention her husband's name. I suspect he has died prior to the making of this will.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 29 Apr 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1458/282
Testator:  Sarah Blake, Baker
Place: Winslow, Buckinghamshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document:  29 Jan 1807, probated 30 Apr 1807
Condition: 19th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Sarah
[Margin]: Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Sarah Blake of Winslow of the County of Bucks
3    Baker being of sound Mind Memory and understanding
4    (praised be God for the same) do make and publish
5    this m y last Will and Testament in manner and
6    form following First I give and bequeath unto my
7    Son John Blake the Sum of Seventy pounds of
    [Page 2]
8    good and lawful Money of Great Britain to be
9    paid him by my Trustees hereinafter named
10    when he shall attain the age of Twenty one
11    years Also I give unto my said son John Blake
12    one Bed one Bolster two pillows two Blankets
13    one pair of Sheets one Bed quilt one Bedstead
14    and Curtains one Silver Table Spoon Six Silver Tea
15    spoons his fathers Clothes Box and Watch one
16    pair of Silver buckles one pair of Silver Shirt
17    Buttons one Gold Ring and the Birdan standing
18    up Stairs Also I give and bequeath unto my two
19    daughters Susanna Blake and Martha Blake
20    all the Residue and Remainder of my personal
21    Estate or Estates of what Nature or kind soever
22    they may be at the time of my decease after my
23    just debts and Funeral Expences are paid
24    and discharged Share and Share alike as well as
25    can be to be paid them by my Trustees hereinafter
26    named when they shall attain the age of twenty
27    one years And Lastly I do hereby nominate constitute
28    and appoint William Richardson of Thornborough
30    Mills or his house of Thornborough in the said County of Bucks Miller and George
31    Jones of Winslow in the said County of Bucks
32    Yeoman joint Trustees to this my last Will and
33    Testament hereby revoking and making void all former and other
34    Wills by me at any Time heretofore made and to
35    declare this to be my last Will and Testament
36    only In Witness whereof I the said Sarah Blake
37    the Testator have to this my last Will and Testament
38    set my hand and Seal this twenty ninth day of
39    January One thousand eight hundred and seven
40    Sarah Blake Signed sealed published and
41    declared by the within named Testator to be her
42    last Will and Testament in the presence of us who
43    have hereunto subscribed our Names in the
44    presence of the Testator and in the presence of
45    each other Robert Corbett Tho: Rawbone
46    This Will was proved at London the
47    thirtieth day of April in the year of our Lord
48    One thousand eight hundred and seven before the
49    Right honorable Sir William Wynne Knight doctor
50    of Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the
51    prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted
52    by William Richardson and George Jones the Executors
53    according to the tenor of the said Will to whom
54    administration was granted of all and singular
55    the Goods Chattels and Credits of the said deceased
56    the said William Richardson having first made
57    a solemn and sincere declaration or affirmation
58    according to act of Parliament and the said
59    George Jones having been first sworn by Commission

No comments: