Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Will of George Blake of Bodwin Cornwall - The National Archives PROB 11/498/56, probated 3 Nov 1707

The testator George Blake is recorded as being at Bodwin Cornwall. I suspect this is an error and that it should read Bodmin Cornwall and will investigate that further. No children are mentioned in the will only his mother Mary Walbridge of White Chappell Middlesex and his wife Sarah Blake of Bodwin Cornwall. Did Sarah continue living there and did they have children? His mother Mary Walbridge probated the will in 1707.

An interesting will but no further details could be found on George Blake or Sarah Blake in Bodmin Cornwall.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 22 May 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/498/56
Testator:  George Blake,
Place: Bodwin, Cornwall, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 2 Mar 1704/5, probated 3 Nov 1707
Condition: 18th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: T[esta]m[ent]
[Margin]: Geo: Blake

1
In the Name of God Amen
2
on the second day of March and in the year
3
seaventeen hundred and four five in the Third year of
4
the Reign of our Sovereign Lady Ann by the grace of God
5
Queen of England Scotland France and Ireland defender of
6
the Faith etc I George Blake of the Burrough of
7
Bodwin in the County of Cornwall and now belonging to her
8
Majesties Ship the Romney being in bodily health and in
9
perfect mind and memory And knowing the uncertainity of
10
this transitory life doe make and declare this my last Will
11
and Testament in manner and form as followeth viz [a vi]t First I
12
comitt my soul to Almighty God that gave it my only maker
13
and Redeemer trusting in and through the meritts of my
14
only Saviour to have pardon for all my sins And concerninge
15
all or any part of my temporall Estate lett it be reall or
16
personall I give and bequeath unto my tender loveing Mother
17
Mary Wallbridge of White Chappell Parish in the County
18
of Middlesex And after her decease to my welbeloved Wife
19
Sarah Blake of the Burrough of Bodwin in the County of
20
Cornwall All my personall Estate as Salary wages prize
21
money pention Smarty money register money short allowance
22
money as goods Lands houses Rents Tenements or any sume
23
or sumes of money appertaining to me on board any of her
24
Majesties Ships or Vessells or elsewhere I freely give and
25
bequeath it all unto my aforesaid loveing Mother Mary
26
Walbridge of White Chappell parish in the County of
27
Middlesex And after her decease unto my aforesaid loveing
28
wife Sarah Blake of the Burrough of Bodwin in the County
29
of Cornwall And doe make and ordain her my aforesaid
31
mother Mary Walbridge And after her decease my beloved
32
wife Sarah Blake of the Burrough of Bodwin in the County
33
of Cornwall aforesaid my whole and sole Executrix of this my
34
last Will and Testament revokeing all former Wills and
35
deeds of Gifts made by me and all powers whatsoever made
36
in my name In Witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand
37
And seal this second day of March Anno domini 1704/5 Geo:
38
Blake Witnesses present John Stevens Lieu[tenan]t Ben Saviour
39
Beja Bridges Clk

No comments: