Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Will of Thomas Blake, Yeoman of Winslow, Buckinghamshire - The National Archives PROB 11/520/270, probated 7 Apr 1711

I blogged the will of the grandson of this Thomas Blake (testator):

http://kippeeb.blogspot.ca/2013/04/will-of-john-blake-tanner-winslow.html

The son of Thomas (and his executor) also named Thomas did not leave a will that was probated at PCC but is available at the Hertfordshire Record Office (dated April 1761). http://www.winslow-history.org.uk/winslow_blake.shtm#thomas3

Thomas was married to Elizabeth (unknown) and had two daughters Elizabeth married to Richard Barton and Anne married to George Stone as well as his son Thomas. Another son John died as an infant.

Looking at the Wainright family might have clues as they witnessed both Thomas' and Elizabeth's wills.

The Winslow website does not provide any clues into the earlier ancestry of this Thomas Blake (testator).

http://www.winslow-history.org.uk/winslow_blake.shtm

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 7 May 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/520/270
Testator:  Thomas Blake, Yeoman
Place: Winslow, Buckinghamshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document:  12 May 1709, probated 7 Apr 1711
Condition: 18th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: T][esta]m[ent]
[Margin]: Thoma[s] Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Thomas Blake the Elder of Winslow in the County of
3    Bucks Yeoman being of sound and perfect mind and memory
4    praise be therefore given to Almighty God do make and
5    ordain this my last Will and Testament in manner and form
6    following that is to say First and principally I commend my
7    Soul into the hands of Almighty God And my Body I
8    committ to the Earth to be decently buried at the discretion
9    of my Executors hereinafter named And as touching the
    [Page 2]
10    disposition of all such temporall Estate as it hath pleased Almighty
11    God to bestow upon me I give and dispose thereof as followeth
12    Imprimis I will that my debts and Funeral Expences shall
13    be all paid and discharged Item I give and bequeath to my
14    daughter Elizabeth Barton one shilling of lawfull Money of
15    Great Britain to be paid her by my Executors within one
16    year after my decease Item I give and bequeath to my
17    daughter Anne Stone one shilling of like lawfull Money to
18    be paid her by my Executors within one year after my decease
19    Item all the Rest of my personall Estate Goods Chattles
20    Rights and Creditts whatsoever not herein before otherwise
21    bequeathed and disposed I give and bequeath unto my loving
22    Wife Elizabeth Blake and my loving Son Thomas Blake
23    And I do constitute and appoint the said Elizabeth Blake
24    and Thomas Blake joynt Executors of this my last Will
25    and Testament hereby revoking disannulling and making
26    void all former and other Wills by me heretofore made and
27    acknowledging this only to be my last Will and Testament
28    In Witness whereof I the said Thomas Blake the Elder
30    have to this my last Will and Testament sett my hand and
31    Seal this twelfth day of May in the Eighth year of the
32    Reign of our Soveraign Lady Anne by the grace of God
33    of Great Britain France and Ireland Queen defender of the
34    Faith etc Annoqz d[omi]ni 1709 Thomas Blake Signed Sealed
35    owned acknowledged published and declared by the said
36    Thomas Blake the Elder to be his last Will and Testament
37    in the presence of John Shelton Tho Wainright Deborah
38    Wainright

No comments: