Saturday, April 15, 2017

Will of Edward Blake, Butcher, on board the Ship Royal George - The National Archives PROB 11/698, probated 6 Sep 1739

Edward Blake identifies his sister as Mary Cussins of Greenwich.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 14 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/698
Name of testator: Edward Blake, Butcher
Place: on board the Ship Royal George
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 13 Sep 1737, probated 6 Sep 1739

[In margin]: Edward Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Edward Blake now belonging to the Royal George Capt
3    William Jobson Commander Butcher being in Bodily health and
4    of sound and disposing mind and memory And considering the
5    Perills and dangers of the Seas and other uncertaintys of this
6    transistory Life do for avoiding controversys after my decease
q    make publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner
8    following that is to say First I recommend my Soul to God that gave it
9    and my Body I Commit to the Earth or Sea as it shall please God to
10    order and as for and concerning all my Worldly Estate I give
11    bequeath and dispose thereof as followeth that is to say After all my
12    debts are fully paid and Satisfyed I give and bequeath unto my
13    Sister Mary Cussins of Greenwich in the County of Kent all my
14    Wages Sum and Sums of money Lands Tenements Goods Chattells and
15    Estate whatsoever as Shall be any ways due owing or belonging unto
16    me at the time of my decease I do give devise and bequeath the same
17    unto Mary Cussins and I do hereby nominate and appoint James
18    Lewis of St John Wappin Gentleman Sole Executor of this my last
19    Will and Testament hereby revoking all former and other Wills
20    Testaments and deeds of Gift by me at any time heretofore made
21    And I do ordain and ratify these presents to stand and be for and
22    as my only last Will and Testament In Witness whereof to this
23    my said Will I have sett my hand and Seal the thirteenth day of
24    September Anno domini 1737 and in the Eleventh year of the reign
25    of his Majesty King George the Second over Great Britain etc. Edward
26    Blake his mark Signed Sealed published and declared in the
27    presence of us Ann Farmer Mattw Hall
28    This Will was proved at London before the Worshipfull
29    William Strahan doctor of Laws Surrogate of the Right Worshipfull
30    John Bettesworth doctor of Laws Master keeper or Commissary of
31    the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted the Sixth
32    day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven
33    hundred and thirty nine By the Oath of James Lewis Sole Executor
34    in the said Will named to whom administration was granted of
35    all and Singular the Goods Chattells and Creditts of the said deceased
36    being first Sworn duly to administer

No comments: