Sunday, April 30, 2017

Will of John Blake belonging to his Majesty's Ship Royal Sovereign - The National Archives PROB 11/850, probated 6 Nov 1759

John Blake, testator, is married to Ann who lived in the parish of St Giles in the County of Middlesex.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 29 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/850
Name of testator: John Blake
Place: belonging to his Majesty’s Ship Royal Sovereign
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 31 May 1757, probated 6 Nov 1759

[In margin]: Testament: John Blake 348

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I John Blake now belonging to his Majesty’s Ship Royal
3    Sovereign being in Bodily health and of Sound and
4    disposing Mind and Memory and considering the perils
5    and dangers of the Seas and other uncertainties of this
6    Transitory life (do for avoiding controversies after
7    my decease) make publish and declare this my last
8    Will and Testament in manner following (that is to
9    say) First I commend my Soul to God that Gave
10    it and my Body I commit to the Earth or Sea as it
11    shall please God to order and as for and concerning
12    all my Worldly Estate I give bequeath and dispose
13    thereof as followeth, that is to say, all and Singular
11    such Wages Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements
15    Goods Chattels and Estate whatsoever as Shall be any
16    ways due owing or belonging unto me at the time of my
17    decease I do Give devise and bequeath the same
18    unto my beloved Wife Ann Blake of Castle Street in
19    the parish of St Giles in the County of Middlesex
20    And I do hereby Nominate and appoint my said Wife
21    Ann Blake Sole Executrix of this my last Will and
22    Testament hereby Revoking all former and other Wills
23    Testaments and Deeds of Gift by me at any time heretofore
24    made And I do ordain and ratify these presents to
25    stand and be for and as may only last Will and Testament
26    In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have set my
27    hand and Seal the thirty first day of May In the year
28    of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred and Fifty
29    Seven and in the Thirtieth Year of the Reign of his
30    Majesty King George the Second over Great Britain
31    etc John Blake Signed Sealed Published andDeclared
32    in the presence of W Boys Jno Crosser A Holloway
33    This Will was proved at London the
34    Sixth day of November In the year of our Lord One
35    thousand Seven hundred and fifty nine before the
36    Worshipful Andrew Coltee Ducarol Doctor of Laws
37    Surrogate of the Right Worshipfull Edward Simpson
38    also Doctor of Laws Master keeper or Commissary of
39    the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted
40    by the Oath of Ann Blake Widow the Relict of the
41    deceased and Sole Executrix named in the said Will to
42    whom administration was Granted of all and Singular
43    the Goods Chattels and Credits of the said deceased
44    having been first Sworn duly to administer

No comments: