Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Will of Mary Butler, Spinster of Saint Benet Fink, London - The National Archives PROB 11/982/169, probated 16 Nov 1772

Thought this could be a possibility to help me out given the time frame (after Christopher Buller was born circa 1673) however the will is for Mary Butler I am fairly sure and will check that out with the National Archives. Handy will though for this family as she identifies her brother and sister who are living in Louth Lincolnshire.Indeed The National Archives has sent me an email stating this is Mary Butler.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 13 Feb 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/982/169
Testator: Mary Butler, Spinster
Place: Saint Benet Fink, London, England
Date of document: 12 Nov 1772, probated 16 Nov 1772
Read: Electronic copy images
Document quality: 18th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Mary Butler

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Mary Butler of Bear Alley of the parish of Saint
3    Bennet Finck London Spinster being sick and weak of
4    Body but of sound Mind Memory and Understanding do
5    make this my last Will and Testament in manner and
6    forme following that is to say First and principally I commend
7    my Soul into the hands of Almighty God my Creator
8    hoping for pardon of my Sins by the Merits and
9    Intercession of my blessed Saviour my Body I commit to
10    the Earth to be buried and as to all such Estate Goods
11    and Chattels that I shall be possessed of interested in or
12    intitled unto at the time of my decease after payment
13    of all my Debts Funeral Charges and all other necessary
14    Expences I do dispose thereof as followeth that is to say
15    I do give and bequeath unto my Brother James Butler
16    Shoemaker now living at Louth Lincolnshire and to my
17    Sister Ann Ward (wife of Thomas Ward Shoemaker living
18    at the aforesaid place) all and every part of my Estate in
19    Effects Goods and Chattels that may be remaining after
20    the following Legacies herein mentioned being paid I do give
21    and bequeath unto Elizabeth Cuthbert two Tea Spoons
22    marked C I do give and bequeath unto Elizabeth
23    Robinson daughter of Eleanor Robinson a Silver Medal
24    and pin and I do give and bequeath three Rings as
25    follow one to Mrs Ann Brown one to Mrs Catherine
26    Brown and one to Mrs Bridget Hughes if they please
27    to accept of them I do also give and bequeath Five
28    Guineas to my Executrix Mrs Jane Monkhouse for her
29    care and trouble and I do give and bequeath Three Rings
30    unto Mr Edward Derby and his two Daughters Isabella
31    Derby and Carolina Derby and I do hereby constitute and
32    appoint Jane Monkhouse Spinster of the parish of
33    Peckham in the County of Surry my Executrix of this my
34    last Will hereby revoking all other Wills and Testaments
35    by me at any time heretofore made or published I do
36    declare this to be my Will and Testament In Witness
37    whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the
38    Twelfth day of November in the Twelfth Year of the
39    Reign of our Sovereign Lord George the Third by the
40    Grace of God of Great Britain France and Ireland
41    King Defender of the Faith and so forth and in the year
42    of our Lord One Thousand seven hundred and seventy two
43    Mary Butler Signed sealed published and Declared by
44    the Testator as and for her last Will and Testament in
45    the presence of us who here subscribe our Names as
46    Witnesses hereto in her presence and at her request in
47    the presence of another; Witnesses E: Derby, Sarah Ireland X her mark
48    This Will was proved at London the Sixteenth
49    day of November in the Year of our Lord One Thousand
50    seven hundred and seventy two before the Worshipful George
51    Harris Doctor of Laws and Surrogate of the Right
52    Worshipful George Hay Doctor of Laws Master Keeper or
53    Commissary of the prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully
54    constituted by the Oath of Jane Monkhouse Spinster the
55    Executrix named in the said Will to whom administration
56    was granted of all and singular the Goods Chattles and
57    Credits of the said deceased having been first sworn duly
58    to administer

No comments: