Saturday, February 4, 2017

Will of Edward Blake of the Ship Deptford belonging to the honorable the United Company of Merchants trading to the East Indies - The National Archives PROB 11/1107, probated 24 Sep 1783

Edward Blake, the testator, is married to Jane (unknown). I could not find any further information on this Edward Blake.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 3 Feb 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/1107
Name of testator: Edward Blake
Place: of the Ship Deptford belonging to the honorable the United Company of Merchants trading to the East Indies
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 7 Jun 1781, probated 24 Sep 1783

[In margin] Edward Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Edward Blake of the Ship Deptford belonging to the
3    honble the United Company of Merchants trading to the
4    East Indies being in perfect health of Body but calling
5    into Mind the Mortality of my Body and knowing that
6    all Men once must die do make and ordain this my last
7    Will and Testament that is to say I Give and recommend
8    my Soul into the hands of Almighty God that gave it
9    and my Body I recommend to this Earth or Sea as it
10    shall please God to ordain it nothing doubting but at
11    the General Resurrection I shall receive the same again
12    by the mighty power of God and as touching such
13    Worldly Estate it has pleased God to bless me with
14    in this life I give devise and dispose to the same
15    in the following form I Give to Mr Gaving Young
16    of the parish of Saint Helier in the County of
17    Middlesex Gentleman whom I likewise constitute make
18    and ordain the sole Executor of this my last Will
19    and Testament all wages that may be due to me on
20    board the said Ship or any other that I may be on
21    board of In Witness whereof I have this day I have
22    set my hand this 7 day of June in the year of our
23    Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty one
24    and in the twenty first year of the Reign of our
25    Sovereign Lord George the third King of Great Britain etc in
26    Witness Richard Mitchell Henry Wright
27    The condition of the above Will is that the said
28    Mr Gaving Young do pay unto my dearly beloved Wife
29    Jane Blake eight shilling per week or else to be void
30    and of us _____
31    This Will was proven at London the twenty
32    fourth day of September in the year of our Lord one
33    thousand seven hundred and eighty three before the
34    Worshipful Andrew Coltee Ducarel doctor of Laws Surrogate
35    of the Right Worshipful Peter Calvert also doctor of Laws
36    Master Keeper or Commissary of the prerogative court of
37    Canterbury lawfully constituted by the Oath of  Gavin otherwise
38    Gaving Young Esquire the sole Executor named in the said
39    Will to whom administration was granted of all and singular
40    the Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased having been
41    first sworn duly to administer

No comments: