Saturday, September 23, 2023

Eighth Generation completed and on to the Ninth Generation

I did complete the Eighth Generation yesterday and moved on to the Ninth Generation. Not much done yet mostly just the usual cosmetic details of descendancy. Will do more today. 

I did listen to President Zelenskyy address the House of Commons here in Canada. God be with Ukraine. Glory to Ukraine. I also read the news story put out by President Erdogan that the Nazi Psychopath Putin would like peace. He would love Ukraine to stop fighting and keep what the Nazi Putin currently is occupying. It is a win for him and a loss for Ukraine. It is a loss for the world that this despicable Nazi Putin can force his way into another country and get to keep some of that stealing. The United Nations was founded to stop that behaviour; the most vile behaviour of Homo sapiens the murder of innocent civilians to take away what belongs to them, their property, their respect; their lives. Glory to Ukraine and may they thrust the invaders from their lands. Threatening the world with nuclear weapons is just ignorant.

A little more gardening yesterday as I cleared away particular areas that I need to have clear. Sometimes I look and I think you know it isn't all that bad. The weeds are annoying and perhaps next year I will do somewhat better at clearing them although I did clear them away at the beginning of the summer. I guess it was the smoke in June that kept me indoors a lot of the time and I did not weed as I might have done. We will see; next summer is a long time off. We have had a few thoughts on continuing with the restorative gardening because I do think the land has been worked for nearly fifty years now with a garden every year. It probably needs that type of care to make it more productive. 

The Blake Newsletter pretty much put together as well. Just need to do some formatting and send the copy off to the Guest Article writer to review. Ready in plenty of time to publish on the 1st of October. A little more work today and that should complete my part. I did do a writeup on the projected book I will write on the Blake Family of Andover. That is really the best way to preserve my research and put it out where it is available to be supported or revised; whatever happens. 

Today I am 78 years of age and quite amazed to have reached this age actually. I was at the dentist and wanted to change my cleaning appointment to every nine months because it was only changed to six to accommodate Edward who needed to go more often. It is simply inconvenient to have to depend on driving to the dentist so will investigate the dentist at the corner. The next appointment will be x-rays and everything so it would work very well to make the change for the next cleaning. I will check and see if they are still taking patients. I actually have gone to the current dental office ever since we moved here 45 years ago. We had a really great dentist where we lived before but when he heard we were moving he said you really should find a new dentist closer to you which was really kind of him to say actually. He was really great when our oldest daughter was quite small and had a fall which chipped a tooth. I wanted to have him look at it and never thought about his being a different race as my daughter had never been to him before. She was a bit nervous since she had not yet seen anyone with black skin and he quickly said I should go first so that she would see how to manage and that was perfect. She jumped right up into the chair to have her tooth checked. Really did miss that dentist when we moved. 

So on to the day, I am having one of my favourite foods for dinner today - macaroni and cheese with onions, peppers, peas, carrots and at the end spinach (and cheese too!). It is absolutely excellent and I do enjoy it. I bought a tray of lemon squares as well and will have one for desert. We always like to have our favourite foods for our birthdays. 

 


 


No comments: