Monday, April 29, 2024

Day of Rest

 Yesterday was definitely a day of rest; that is what Sunday should be really but life often gets in the way when you are young. However, at my age the day of rest is perfect. I watched the next segment of the series on the Kingdom of Judah which talked about Israel and its foundations and the trials and tribulations which this ancient country went through and why this all happened according to the Bible (the lecturer tends to refer to the Hebrew Bible which does fit into the idea that this is a lesson directed to the world really but using the normal terminology of the Jewish people). My Bible is a King James Catholic Version. It is starting to look worn for sure but has lasted me all of these days as it is one of the first items I purchased when I went to work. The Bible that I had I won at a Bible Drill at Bethel Chapel all those years ago (it was very worn out by the time I was married; a King James Version but I did keep it all these years) . I was fast finding the verses when there was a Bible drill. I surprised myself when I discovered I could still quote the books of the Bible both Old and New Testament. But then part of what I do is remember all of this material that I have collected over the past nearly twenty years now for my one name studies - Blake and Pincombe. But I thought the ability to remember all of the books of each Testament might have been lost to memory - deep though it was and I surprised myself. Not sure why I tried to do that but I did. 

I always think the most important things in life come to the forefront when you are old. I noticed that with my grandparents with whom I spent a lot of time in their late years before they passed away. I talked to my grandmother every other day or so after I got married because we didn't have a car and it wasn't easy to visit her with me working and Edward doing his PhD. Sadly she passed away a couple of months before we bought a car. My father used to take me to visit my grandfather in his apartment downtown after he moved away. I was sad when he moved away; I missed him terribly as he was my constant companion really - always there to make sure I didn't fall off the chair when I was washing the dishes. Helped me with my counting and reading - I wouldn't say I was his favourite (there were seven grandchildren in my family although only five really as my youngest sister was born not long before he passed away) but I listened to him whenever he talked and he liked that. He wanted us to listen to what he had to say about Upper Clatford and the Blake family that was our line. It did become very important to him that we would know our ancestry. 

The day passed quickly yesterday with all my TV watching and my exercises. It is amazing how fast time passes. It was nice to see all the work on the new pier to bring food and other goods into Gaza - the Americans are doing a great job as usual. The Brits will bring the food and other goods to shore on the pier and then the Israeli military will organize it for distribution. It sounds like a really good plan and Hamas will hopefully stay out of the way. Hamas has caused so much pain, so many deaths and so much destruction with their barbaric attack on the 7th of October and continuing to bomb Israel. Their bombing is really useless but is done to incite Israel as Hamas thinks the sympathy of the world is with the Palestinian people who are dying. The youth who are protesting simply do not know the whole story - this is a game with Hamas; that is why they built the tunnels so that they can hide and it is the people of Gaza who are unable to hide who are killed. Hence it is entirely the fault of Hamas. As well, the International Court of Justice told Hamas over three months ago to immediately release all of the hostages unconditionally. Hamas has not done so; they have not cared for them and drugging the hostages and not providing humane care for them is a crime. They should be imprisoned on an island somewhere in the middle of the ocean. 

Our youth should have pity for the Rohingya people; they have no hope for the future; no place to live and no place to grow their food. They could be collecting money for them; they also could have helped bringing the little children from Gaza to here; their protest is really meaningless as Hamas has caused all of these deaths and the destruction. Personally I find it sad that so many Palestinians, not involved in fighting, have died especially the children (children are not combatants). But I especially feel sorry for all those people in Israel (over 1200) murdered barbarically the 7th of October last and those held hostage ever since in inhumane conditions. Any statement otherwise is hate language and people should be fined or put in jail for that.

Teatime and Latin all done and this is the major cleaning day. 

No comments: