Friday, October 22, 2010

Kew

We finally managed to get to Kew in London, UK. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We first went and got our Reader's Card and that took about one hour in total as there was a lineup and only one person doing the card preparation. There is a questionnaire to do and it was excellent reminding me of all the rules that pertain to working at Kew.

I followed the suggestions of several Guild of One Name Studies members and logged on to my own computer so that I could download the wills that I particularly wanted to have. My husband actually did that and I worked at the BMD records with the first being the burial of Henry Christopher Buller which was 2 Jul 1862 at Victoria Park Cemetery, Hackney, Middlesex. He was 53 years old when he died at Westminster Hospital. That was the transcription and the original image also available had the exact same material. Eventually I need to do a study on their house on Lamb Conduit Way in Covent Park area. That may help me to find out more details.

No comments: