Monday, March 29, 2021

Oil Change for the Car

I have been taking the car in for  about a year now; oil change is needed so will get that done today. I constantly toy with the idea of eliminating a car and just using taxis when we  need to go somewhere or the bus.  Ed does not like my driving particularly but that is because he preferred his driving not for any other particular reason. I like driving but cars are a nuisance in some ways. They are expensive and the return on the investment is poor for sure. Granted you are more flexible with a car to go places but I can walk just about any place I need to go (or take the bus). Once I have my vaccine which is coming close now I really could just take the bus. The likelihood of my driving any distance diminishes with the years and months. Mind you to go anywhere in this city you have to take the Highway so I am used to Highway driving. Our car is new relatively speaking (two years old in August). We have barely driven in the last year so seems newer in terms of actual distance driven. I think having a car needs to be easier; simpler and cost wise productive. 

I have never organized one of these appointments and when I got there they were busy so we agreed that I would come back in the afternoon. Lots of mystery to solve with managing some of these things that only Edward did. I am always glad when he is here but will be even happier now as he can work out all these things that I apparently need to do. It does make me think that having a car is a nuisance. I guess Ed organizes things around the oil change so that he just leaves it for the day and that is what I am used to just leaving it. But how to do that? He said just to come back so left it at that. 

Oil change completed thank goodness. I guess I will become more and more knowledgeable about handling all of these items. Although Ed really enjoys looking after his car so maybe it will come back to him eventually.

No comments: