Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Talked to Edward last night

Talked to Edward last night and he was having a good day. I haven't heard from him yet today but he was busy this morning so maybe this evening.

I have tried to call Ed four times now but he doesn't pick up. Possibly he can not plug his charger in by himself from the bed. I have no idea what his room is like as I haven't been in it. I did try ringing the desk twice today but after twenty rings the phone just hangs up. They always say no news is good news but I do worry about him. 

I have managed though to start looking at my newsletters. I am very far behind these days but I plan to get caught up as I did last spring after Ed returned home from being hospitalized. I still receive about one hundred emails a day; probably 75% of them I do not have to reply at all and they are simply newsworthy about items or genealogy. 

I did miss the Labyrinth on Monday evening. I am still busy trying to catch up on things that I let go while visiting Ed in Emergency and the tent. 

I did take the time to colour (with coloured pencils) some Easter Cards today - bunnies and eggs with a bit of greenery. I haven't done that in years. Colouring is actually good for the soul. I think I will print out some religious cards as well and colour them. God is with us all the time but especially at Easter. He paints the world for us to behold and appreciate.

Being in isolation is actually a pleasant thing. I understand how people can find it difficult but for me it is not a problem.  I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire year of lockdown except for Ed being ill. I should have just bought the hospital bed without the OT recommendation. The recommendation was good to have and recommended that I do so by everywhere that I called as I really had no ideas on what to get but basically I have a husband in the hospital because he had a fall because I waited too long to get him a hospital bed on the main floor. Even though I was able to break his fall by holding him as he went down I was not strong enough to get him up again (not even with my daughter's help). Plus I did not want to move him after he had had a fall. I have to never be in a position where I am missing a secondary support for him when he is in motion like a wheel chair. 

I am not a people person at all but Ed certainly is. He does enjoy the company of other people. 

 

No comments: