Thursday, May 26, 2011

Woodcock of Castle-Donnington

Looking at this family is a curiosity for me since it is the only William Cheatle marriage to a Sarah that I find in the IGI or the BVRII.

William Cheatle married to Sarah Woodcock 23 Feb 1773 at Castle Donnington. This is possibly the Sarah Woodcock baptized 10 Apr 1748 at Castle Donnington as the daughter of John Woodcock and Elizabeth Stevenson who were married 23 Dec 1747 at Melton Mowbray. This is possibly the William Cheatle baptized 7 Jan 1752 at Loughborough as the son of William Cheatle and Elizabeth Adcock who were married 29 Mar 1749 at Loughborough with William being baptized 1 Jan 1702 at Loughborough. All very speculative and I will be including these thoughts as I research the Cheatle family in the parish registers of Castle Donington and Loughborough both of which I purchased over three years ago but have scarcely looked at. This will be my incentive to dig into those registers.

No comments: