Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Dusting today

Today I will dust. It is a month since I methodically went around and removed the dust from the tops of bookcases, tables etc. The summer does see a low point in my dusting activities. In the winter I can manage to keep up with it on a more regular basis. Today it looks like rain so a good day to stay inside and do that. I do have one more area to cultivate outside but it will wait until tomorrow.

A couple of new matches on 23 and Me caught my eye and I did write to one individual who was born in 1928. I am fairly sure that we share my 3x great grandparents William Welch and Sarah Cheatle in common making us fourth cousins. We are sharing only one length on the X chromosome. Sarah Cheatle is an interesting woman. I have not found out very much about her before her marriage to William but she appears to be the Sarah Cheatle baptized at Ashby de la Zouch in 1795 and this coincides with her declaration on the census for several years running that she was born at Ashby de la Zouch. My suspicions on her probable parents has been blogged before. But I share X chromosome from Sarah Cheatle with several descendants of my 2x great grandmother Ann Welch's twin sister Sarah who married Edwin Withers. I suspect this is her line. Sarah died of cancer of the breast at 77 years of age in 1872. It is intriguing to find causes of death that far back in a family. She lived to a very good age given the life span in 1872 was in the 60s.

Still not enough time to work on my newsletters and hope to get back to that soon. Partly my mind is clouded with managing throughout COVID-19 and my husband's illness. On the other hand, I like the newsletter to be interesting and there haven't been a lot of news stories at the moment on any of my topics.


No comments: