Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Gardening and Lawn Cutting

Yesterday I decided was a gardening day. The main vegetable garden is all cultivated. Then I decided the lawn needed cutting and that was accomplished as well. The rest of the day I pretty much rested on those laurels! My husband was outside for the first time in four days and he trimmed the edges in two sessions resting well in between. So all in all a day of great accomplishment.

I also found a new Rawlings match on 23 and Me. I am beginning to have a number of Rawlings matches (on different sibling lines of my great grandmother Elizabeth (Rawlings) Taylor) letting me fill in my paternal grandmother's phasing more accurately. Perhaps I will be able to figure out if my thoughts on her father are correct or not. Her mother and step-father raised her and she thought of her step-father as her father. I never knew her but my father often commented that his grandfather Taylor was a very nice person. He was fond of his cousins and sad to leave them behind in England although one of his half first cousins did move to Alberta and he did mention her. I actually corresponded with her and she returned to live in England a few years ago.

The day passed rapidly and it wasn't until today I realized I had missed a day of recording in this time of COVID-19 lockdown. We are about to enter into Phase 3 this Friday. These changes do not affect us very much as my husband still has to avoid people for the most part.


No comments: