Woke up and looked out the window to a beautiful starry night. God's world alight with the brightness of the stars; what a stupendous sight. We are blessed with such a beautiful world.
Sleep apnea does tend to wake me up these days; in my eighties now and hard to believe. Life passes very slowly as it seems like eons ago that I was a child. As a child I was also a restless sleeper.
The books keep me busy and that is good. What does God plan for the remainder of my life? I wonder that sometimes. It is my quiet time of life when I just work away on the books and downsizing as it happens. I can not move until I downsize and so slowly that is happening. The pictures books (40 large binders) are slowly disappearing as I create a set for the next generation. Never thought I would be doing that task as it was Edward's love and joy all those pictures with his children through the ages. How he loved those books that told the story of his life and I am saddened to keep taking them apart but yet it is a glorious thought that his descendants will enjoy them with all the unknown scenery stripped away and just the pictures of a growing family that was so young and then older and finally the oldest ones are gone and slowly the turn becomes ours to grow old. We are lucky as in my youth we remembered the young people who went off to war and did not come home. We must strive harder for peace; that perfect uplifted plain where all can live in unison.
Thank you God for all that You do for the world. We need to follow your commandments and then peace can come to our world. Love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind and love our neighbour as ourself.
Soon it is time to plan the rest of the donations in remembrance of Edward. Already done his Alma Mater Western University (and mine for that matter) and Ontario Ancestors (was Ontario Genealogical Society). Next will be the Ottawa Hospital where I worked and he received care as his health slowly slipped away from him (I generally wait for a wealthy person to be doubling or tripling the donations that come in). Then as Christmas comes the Shepherds of Good Hope and the Ottawa Mission all in his memory. But he also loved the Groups devoted to care of the environment and the many species within that environment so they too I must remember in his memory. The need is great at this time for everything. I give to my Church monthly (mostly Alongside Hope (was the PWRDF) and the Ottawa Mission also monthly which I have been doing for many years now. It is important sometimes to decide where to put any extra dollars as the need is there for so many. But I must admit I do prefer a receipt as that helps me to see where I have contributed and how much. I like to decide on my own where as well without being asked constantly. But perhaps people do not always think of donating to needed causes automatically on their own; no ideas on that. It is our Christian duty to give at least 1/10 of all that we have to support the needs of those around us.
Time marches onward for sure and waits for no one and it is our task to keep up with it whilst we can. My quiet time after working most of my life has been busy with publishing in one way or another all of this fascinating information on my family lines and that looks to be the case for quite a while yet. I have a great deal to publish and must not get distracted. But I have the lawns all cut now for winter. The raking once I get a couple of dry days will also be done but will leave the large leaves to rot on the ground I think once again.
My daughter corrected me that she had not applied to every university in Canada but rather those that were advertising back when she graduated (so long ago now, amazing) but the reality was that they all hired American graduates and when she was offered a tenure track position by an American university she took it and the research group at that university was absolutely perfect for her. That often does have a lot to do with the individuals hired by universities I must admit. She does hear back from her many students thanking her for her help when she was their professor. Since Edward's ancestry is primarily early Colonial American (they came to Canada as settlers mostly from the early 1800s to the 1830s and primarily his colonials to the American colonies came from Germany, The Netherlands and France between 1620 and the early 1700s, it does seem interesting that his daughter would teach in the United States all these years.
It was nice to see a Nobel prize go to a Canadian I must admit and she was a graduate of U of T and always employed in Canada I think. Congratulations to her on her accomplishment a Nobel prize in literature for herself and for Canada.
Well must try for sleep again. Thank you God for all that You have done for Homo sapiens.The AI on the Fitbit told me that I should never exercise after lunch as it makes my sleep restless. I did lift weights mid afternoon. Interesting really the addition of the AI to our lives. I do mostly do all my exercise in the morning before lunch and before breakfast and usually just walk after lunch every hour at least ten minutes.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment