Sunday, October 11, 2026

A very quiet Sunday today

Another beautiful Sunday and it is Thanksgiving Sunday in the Church Calendar. I shall go to church in an hour and a half online as ever. I may break my general rule about working on Sunday with regard to the raking as it looks like it might be a good day to do another bag. Likely three in total from the front yard but we will see. There are a lot of leaves out there. 

I mentioned the AI yesterday with regard to my sleep apnea. I had the paid version of FitBit for about five months when the switchover happened. I was considering having it permanently but did not do so. I ended up not using it as much as I thought. But the FitBit AI would give me a sort of analysis of my exercise and its effects and I did discover that I really found that to be a bit restricting although enthusiasm was certainly on the part of the FitBit and one appreciates that sort of support. But in the long run I simply did not use it sufficiently to justify in my mind having the extra support with FitBit. But I really do like my FitBit and will probably always have one now. Whether or not in the future I look to returning to the AI support is hard to say. 

I do like AI though and find it very useful in my research and will continue using this tool and the enthusiasm expressed by the AI for this work is really quite interesting. I am finding AI to be more and more useful as I always did use the power of the ability to look items up quickly on the internet mostly just to reinforce my thought but sometimes I had actually forgotten something and it provided the details which brought the memory back. There is so much one can cram into one brain I rather think and that is probably the greatest advantage to AI as we move ahead quickly in our process of attaining a degree of advancement that will protect the planet but provide the best life for the people on the planet.  

I will continue working on the Find My Past Pencombe etc. results of the search and I am perhaps half way through the third page. I did find the 1564 Visitation by Vivian et al but did not yet look at the information and will do that probably this week sometime. I believe I looked at it years ago but it is a dim memory so I may review my blogs from that time first. I do not recall though that it provided anymore information than I am currently in possession of with regard to the Pencombe line at North Molton but always good to have a refresher. 

I think what will eventually continue to link this study Pincombe-Pinkham is the shared ancestry back to the Pencombe name which in reality is a place name in Herefordshire, England that traveled to Devon for whatever reason. 

Solitaire puzzles to do next since it was very late when I did them yesterday. Then back to research. 

 

 

No comments: