Sunday, June 27, 2021

One week since full vacination

 No headache yesterday and the feeling of being winded gone as well when running. Beats per minute remain at 57 which has become my new normal perhaps up from 52 or 53 which was quite low. 

Found an interesting discussion topic for the Pincombe Newsletter and will work away at that for the next couple of days. Just working through the will again to refresh my mind on this John Pymcombe and then I need to transcribe the inventory document as I have not yet done that. I read it through to see what I could discover years ago as I fitted my Pincombe line into the existing Visitations. Land Records can be very helpful when you are working with families that name all of their sons William, John, Thomas, Richard although generally it is not too hard to separate out the various Pincombe lines at North Molton, South Molton, Bishops Nympton etc. 

Initially I thought I might combine two issues but this particular item is begging to be discussed so will do it. For the next Pincombe Newsletter 1st June I will pick another interesting document to discuss and I am not sure which one yet!

Then I still have Blake Newsletter for the 1st of April and the 1st of July and the H11 Newsletter for the 1st of May and the 1st of August. I am not sure if I will be caught up by then or if it will be the 1st of September issue of the Pincombe Newsletter that will see me caught up. H11 tends to be rather short for Issues 2 to 4 because I only publish statistics on the subclades once a year. It will be interesting to see if a new phylotree emerges in the next couple of years. I am also curious if the companies will start to look at COVID-19 and whether particular haplogroups were more susceptible to the disease and whether the severity of the disease could be predicted. It might be interesting looking at future pandemics to see if particular mutations in different subclades were helpful this time around. 

I had moved away from thinking about research but Edward's illness brought me back and I am part of a couple of different research projects. They have my mind working away these days as there is so much that can now be examined with regard to Post-COVID-19 research projects to discover as much as we can to prepare for future possible pandemics.

No comments: