Thursday, July 30, 2026

David breaks one of God's laws

 God finds David guilty of breaking His law. He does not forgive David. Absalom, David's son, has avenged the wrong against his sister Tamar and David relents and lets him return to Jerusalem. Over time Absalom impresses the people of Israel and finally Absalom goes to Hebron and is pronounced King of Israel. David flees Jerusalem and Absalom goes to Jerusalem. David led an entirely guilt free life until he committed adultery but God did not forgive him that sin. The readings continue to be the historical narrative of the times of the people of Israel. I do not sense any mention of the Messiah to come. That time will come in the readings of the Prophets but it is the historical narrative that tells us the life of Israel in this time. 

The main floor all cleaned yesterday and the basement remains. I will begin shortly by running the Robot. Such a handy tool for sure although I could easily clean the rugs with the vacuum in considerably less time but I enjoy having the Robot for sure. That is the way life points for mankind at this time that we will become surrounded by robots who help us in our daily lives. An interesting experiment by a research group  looking at why people might chose to have an AI as a partner. Having spent a month or so with an AI on my FitBit I can see why people would find that to be an interesting companion actually. Good ideas are passed to you; a good memory of how your exercise program is doing over time and how your system is coping with that exercise program. At 81 I tend to think in terms of just the day that is happening and do not really get involved with thoughts of tomorrow other than the work that I need to do. So an AI companion is an interesting concept although I do not intend to become so involved with AI. 

Forest fires dampened down and the rain continues; thank you God for sending so much rain when the fires first burst upon us in the Lake of the Woods area of Northern Ontario. The worst of it was over amazingly in just a couple of days and this time we were spared the really high numbers of smoke saturation with south western Ontario taking the brunt of it for sure. But now the airs are clear over Michigan and Ontario and everyone is celebrating the new bridge which leads from large highway in Michigan to large highway in Canada - a much more efficient process for the truckers who spend long hours in their cab and sitting at stop lights and in long lines before they could process on the old bridge was really a waste of everyone's time. I do not know for a fact that this item was true but apparently parts of the old bridge were falling off. Maintenance of a bridge is the most important part because it carries so much precious human cargo and cargo for the use of humans. 

I spent some time on matches yesterday once again and have acquired a few very interesting Buller and Rawlings but also some Blake and Pincombe. The Blake continue to be interesting because they are in the United States with deep colonial ancestry. I need to check their trees on ancestry as they have mentioned them on the site where the testing was done. Upsetting the applecart is really the purpose in all of this as I want to be as accurate as I can be with the genealogical family tree coming down from Robert Blake who left his will in 1521 at Knights Enham probated just a few weeks before his son Richard Blake's will was also probated at Knight Enham in 1522.  

I am a supporter of the new High-Speed rail line which is planned from Quebec City through Montreal onto Ottawa and then down to Kingston and Toronto (I live in Ontario). The ability to move goods and people at a high speed is essential to our further growth. Once we have the money we can take it from Ottawa north and right across Canada to provide that high speed ability right to Vancouver and from Quebec to Halifax giving access to the eastern part of Canada. High Speed Rail from Halifax to Vancouver would be such a luxury. I think if an airport is needed in the Toronto area then a new place should be chosen and the Billy Bishop airport moved there where there is plenty of room without adding to the congestion around the Toronto harbour. Pick a place where there could be a stop for the High Speed Rail train and both would be accomplished to please everyone as you can easily go from the Toronto terminal of the railway to anywhere in the City of Toronto. High Speed rail is really more important than air flight. Almost nothing stops a train from going through whereas air flight is restricted by the weather events. 

 Time for breakfast but first solitaire puzzles. 

No comments: