Thursday, July 23, 2026

The End Game is the important part

 Canada wants to end up as an energy power house with their trade diversified around the world. That is the end game for Canada and there are still barriers between the provinces. I was hoping at the meeting the Premiers would break down the rest of those barriers. That is what is important. I think the Premier from NB has the right idea focusing on the power generating abilities of New Brunswick. 

The end game for some people in the United States is control of our natural resources and that doesn't fit into our end game so we need to be quick and decisive and get trade diversified particularly internally inside the country and around the world. We are very supportive of the United States being a large purchaser of our natural resources; they are our friend and neighbour. The advantage of shipping to them across a border shared between us for thousands of miles is good business for both of us. Our continued increase in business with the third partner in CUSMA Mexico is also very good business and we are using both rail and ship to make that the best means of doing business with them. At the moment we are doing well with exporting those same natural resources around the world at world prices. Looking on from the inside as I do the advantages to trying to adopt a bully pulpit in our case are really insignificant and bordering on useless. The Americans are about to put tariffs on a whole lot of other countries around the world and I prefer not to be an example they can point to for getting hysterical about those tariffs. 

Right now Canadians are focused on buying Canadian - putting barriers on American products just gains us ill will and more tariffs. The chances are that very little of one particular product would have been sold even on the shelves. The determination was here to buy Canadian and diversify our trade.  However we need to protect our farms as I do not want to eat heavily manufactured food or food made from freeze dried products in particular cheese and the American states that provide us with good foodstuffs presently are our greatest supporters in all of that as they want to protect their family farms particularly in the bordering states and we are their biggest customers. We are inexpensive to ship to for them as well. Factory farms are an item to avoid in Canada. Good food is high on my list even if I barely eat anything but  what I do eat I want it to be good. 

Reading the book of 1 Samuel and the first seven chapters which sees the birth of Samuel, his dedication to the Lord and the coming of Samuel to be a Judge in Israel. He talked with God and steered the people of Israel back to the true Creator God. Life was better now for the Israeli people as they returned to worshiping the Creator God and their land became their own once again and they prospered. Chapter 8 I glanced at briefly and one could see the evil entering once again even in the house of Samuel but more on that tomorrow. 

Yesterday was a busy working day as we moved rooms about setting me up to do more downsizing this fall and winter. I am getting older and older and my time ahead of me is considerably shorter than the years I have passed through. I am looking forward to getting all of Edward's work distributed to his cousins for their continuing research into their mutual family lines. I also want to get back to writing my books which is a slow process always in the summer. 

Exercises done and breakfast eaten. Solitaire puzzles remain to be done.  

 

No comments: