Saturday, July 18, 2026

Woke up early

 Still  need a couple of hours of sleep and will head back soon. Yesterday was good accomplishment as we purchased the lights for the electrician to install next week. That is a relief; life was much easier when lights weren't wired in; you just changed the bulb but my husband always enjoyed the new inventions and so there are wired LED lights. Hopefully all resolved and there are four new lights to install. 

Will read the Judges Book in the Bible later today. I like my brain to be rested so that I do not miss anything. I am into some of the more difficult Books in the Bible. The ones that tell of great sadness for the Israeli people. Because they tried to get along with the peoples who had inhabited the Promised Land before they returned from slavery in Egypt, problems arose. I have sort of forgotten all of the parts of the stories so this refresher will be very much appreciated. Joshua has died and the Israelis are now back in the Promised Land; first purchased by Abraham and then promised to Abraham and his descendants by the Creator God. Man walking with God must have been awesome and the Old Testament does give us a good picture of that life. It was not to last though as God's requirements for living amongst people were very very strict and punishment for not following the rules was swift. 

A little work on the books yesterday as I rechecked the latest matches to see if there was anything interesting and a couple became new files to enter. When I enter them is the question but mostly I am looking at them as supportive of what I already have. The database I have created suits me well and supplies me with the information I was looking for with regard to the deep past. 

Avoiding the news for the most part. Canada has a lot of work to do internally to make ourselves much more independent. We were extremely independent after the Second World War and we must get back to that independence. The Prime Minister has found the right path and all of these other items are just distractions that we have to move past. Whether or not the Gordie Howe Bridge opens is really in the hands of the United States. We are ready to open it and the truckers are probably very thankful to have a new bridge connected to the main highways in both countries available to them. We built it on our own using materials from both countries and workers from each country equally and we voluntarily agreed to share the profits if any once the bridge is paid for and what more can one say.  Profits are always somewhat empirical because the bridge will always need to be maintained and upgraded as needed so one never knows if there will ever really be profits if the bridge is properly maintained to protect the users from the United States and Canada - that is really the most important part for sure. Maintenance is the key really. 

Smoke again tomorrow and heavy rain - a combination that is beneficial certainly to the environment since we have so many lightning strikes on much too dry ground caused by global warming.  Hopefully the rain helps to bring the remaining fires under control. I think we are getting used to being threatened as we just carry on with our lives moving ahead with all of these new ideas to make ourselves a global energy power. The natural resources of Canada are huge as is the land mass. We just have to keep moving forward. Strange that in reality the only country in the last two hundred and fifty years plus that has ever attacked Canada is the United States with the last incursions into Canada made by the Fenians coming up from the United States in the 1870s/1880s. But peace has reigned pretty much solidly since the end of the War of 1812-1814. We generally sit down and talk about it as neighbours. That is what God wants us to do.  

Back to sleep for a few hours and then I will read Judges. I am looking forward to reading Judges as I know that of all the Books in the Old Testament it is one of the hardest ones to read in terms of the content. 

Solitaire puzzles all done as well - they are another calming tool for sure.  

No comments: