Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Historical time of King David

 King David was true to God throughout his reign as I read through the first ten chapters of 2 Samuel. This part of the Bible continues to be an historical review of life when David was King of Israel. I  tried to decide the significance of the Arc of the Covenant remaining in a tent instead of a tabernacle that David suggested building for it. But that time was to come in the next generation God said. 

One is left to ponder on how a nation grows itself and Canada is in just such a position of growth. It will be a long hard uphill effort to recreate our lost industries and create new ones. But the gain is huge whereas the status quo just really doesn't quite exist anymore so is there actually a choice.  Time is always on the side of youth and I still tend to think in that way although I have supported the Prime Minister and his methodology on growing Canada. Perhaps there is a merger coming in those thoughts as we move forward into the Fall of 2026. 

I think it is more difficult to leave one's area in one's 80s than it was in the 70s and earlier. One gets fixed into a style of living that works for them. However as I look around I know that all the outside work is not getting done adequately and so I must think in terms of moving in the near future to something smaller and less complicated. 

Yesterday more good matches to enter into my large table. They are all of value these new ones or I haven't collected them. Some will help me with my decision making on Blake. The newest ones though tend to be Buller or Rawlings and also helpful but those books are barely in the thought process at this time. First I must complete the Blake and Pincombe books and my mind is turning to them as fall approaches and the yard work becomes minimal. 

Cleaning of the top floor all completed and moving on to the main floor today. One day behind this week and it does throw my mind off kilter a little but today I feel more directed. 

The news around the world is mystifying. That elusive peace that I think most people would like to see come to the world does elude us. Europe is stronger and stronger but their ways are the ways of peace but they ready themselves for any change in that which is smart of them. But they continue the ways of peace which is what Canada wants as well although we too prepare for war.  Better to be ready than struggling. 

I think reading the Bible as I have been, a few chapters a day, has been good for me to do. History tells us the past but it also leads us into the future with somewhat more support as we understand the past and why everything happened as it did. As one reads one notes that greed tends to be the problem whereas sharing leads to a better life for everyone. 

Exercises all done with a cardio load of 35 which seems about average for the first hour of exercise in the day. Time for breakfast and then starting on the cleaning. But first solitaire puzzles.  

No comments: