Still reading the book of 1 Samuel and one learns of kindness and resisting initial impulses. A lesson in human goodness comes out of these chapters in my mind. A continuing story of the people of Israel. God listens to them and tells them what will happen if they ask. It is a fascinating historical document of the events in Israel but also the love of God comes to us through the text. God loved mankind but He could not get them to move to the plain that He wanted them to live on. But still no mention of a Messiah who will bring God's words to us the peoples of the world. That message has resounded through the two thousand plus years since Jesus Christ came to us - love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind and love your neighbour as yourself.
Yesterday was a work day and the front lawn is trimmed but desperately needs some grass seed one of these days and a little fresh earth. I also weeded here and there mostly the front patio that I can see out the windows. So much to do and perhaps I will not get to more of it. Time will tell.
Sunday once again and it is God's day. I will go to Church on YouTube shortly. Thank you God for this beautiful earth which you created and filled with all its goodness. Help us and direct us to protect it for the grandchildren of tomorrow so that they too will run on the beaches and into the waters to enjoy just as we did as children.
Must write a letter to my sister today and I think I will talk about some of the ancestral lines we share. I just write two pages and put them into the cards that I bought. I must get some more cards or it will just be a letter.
Soon it will be August and the dog days of summer will begin as we coast into Fall and all that beautiful winter time here in Canada. My working days become considerably longer and the work outside will be done by others namely the snow removal people. Perhaps the man with the huge truck will think about how hard it is for the snow crew to clear my laneway when he parks his truck that takes up the entire space in front of my house and not do that and keep it in his laneway. We will see.
Solitaire puzzles next.
No comments:
Post a Comment