Continued reading the Book of 1 Samuel and the times of Samuel as an old man anointing Saul to be King of Israel. The Creator God considered Himself to be King of Israel but none the less He had Samuel anoint Saul as King. Saul is very successful in battle but does not follow strictly the rules that God has stated. It is the history that I am re-reading and I remember it. I think we have learned the Law told to us (the Torah) in the first five books and now we are into the history of the people of Israel. God has relinquished His place as King and allowed for an anointed King to be chosen in Israel. Still the prophecy of the Messiah has not yet appeared in the text and I do not see that there is a reference to a coming Messiah. Tomorrow I continue with reading 1 Samuel.
Gradually getting everything back in place once again after all of our moving things about. It does give the place a shakeup so to speak moving away any accumulated dust from hard to reach spots. I used to thoroughly houseclean each room when I stayed home all those years when the children were young and actually my eldest was fifteen when I started to go into work as a proofreader although still did read some of the work at home in the afternoons. By then both of our children were in school all day. They are eight years apart in age.
No work done yesterday as I cleaned the basement and then continued on into the afternoon completing the move of all of Edward's boxes into a different room. It gave me a chance to glance and I discovered a binder that I was missing (not surprising since there are still at least 60 binders of his work including the 40 binders of family pictures). The task of downsizing those binders begins now and I do hope to complete some of that work by Christmas this year (the intent was Christmas last year). I was somewhat unwell last year and my work level was lower than normal so did not accomplish that task. I feel stronger this year although I can tell that the years are adding up and my days on this earth are much shorter than I have already lived.
I shall cut the front lawn today and perhaps some of the back lawn. It is meant to be a good day and suitable for that I rather think. I am also now relocating my few boxes of material for my genealogical work and will accomplish that today as well.
I will try to do some work in between. The days move quickly but are bringing me to my favourite seasons of the year - Fall and Winter. I get lots of work done. The books will not publish themselves so my work load will increase to help move that along.
Will stay away from the news once again for awhile. The Prime Minister, as always, has it in hand and his ideas are sound based on his many years of experience in the business/finance world. It is good to see the Premiers of the Provinces and Territories all working together to diversify our trade around the world and to create a strong Canada. It was the dream of the Fathers of Confederation and they did their best to prepare our country to be strong within Canada.
Solitaire puzzles to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment