Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Chromosome 15 completed moving to Chromosome 14

I finished Chromosome 15 this morning. I am still ambivalent about this particular one. I do not have any sizeable matches other than in the Buller line that I know the genealogy. The others I have some information but not adequate enough to make me feel that this chromosome is where it should be in terms of phasing. Time will tell; a couple more good matches and it will be good to go and perhaps one of these days. 

Chromosome 14 is one of the most uniform ones that I have with just four crossover points and most have at least one chromosome that is virtually complete from a grandparent.  I am going to go back to basic numbers though once again as I have found that to be an interesting way to look at the phasing of the chromosome. On this chromosome I have five third cousins sharing matches with all of us.

Other than that the day has begun as a sunny but cold one. I am looking forward to my run in a couple of hours. Then lunch and a good walk outside. I do get a lot of exercise that is for sure. 

Chromosome 14 completed and I feel fairly confident with this one. Having strong long matches in Pincombe and Rawlings makes a big difference. Plus there is only one length of Blake between all five of us and that one is pretty obvious. The Buller matches not quite as long as the Pincombe and Rawlings but still enough to guarantee success in completing this chromosome. Other than X this is the shortest time to completion. 


No comments: