Saturday, November 6, 2021

Phasing continues

 I feel that Chromosomes 23 and 22 have fallen into place nicely and on to Chromosome 21. There are sufficient matches known to me to feel confident with the results. With a number of collapsing pedigrees it does complicate some of the results plus I do know that sometime in the 1800s one of my Blake line in England married into my Buller line but no idea on who that was yet. I can just see the results in some of the matches. Given that the Blake-Knight-Butt-Arnold matches are rather complicated that is not surprising. Plus some of them moved to Lancashire which is right next door to Warwickshire where the Buller family lived. 

A quiet weekend for the most part as I decided to attend the BIFHSGO DNA Zoom meeting this morning although likely just as an onlooker. Always interesting to see what people are doing. I have no interest in public speaking at 76 years of age. I enjoy the quiet life although realize that living on my own is not really a possibility. I feel reasonably well but I do need assistance with my life these days. I have to keep to a pretty strict schedule which I really have anyway throughout my life these past nearly fifty years. Always making sure I get enough rest. This way I will also be able to attend You-Tube Church at the actual time. But the weekend will be quite long I suspect. The cat will keep me company and already has visited with me a number of times. 

I will also continue working on the Siderfin book. Now that I am started at these ventures that I have thought about for a few years it is bringing back a hum into the day. There are a lot of things that I should be doing but still putting them off. Not quite ready to do any of them yet. 

One wonders am I meant to enjoy life now? My grandmother was widowed for fourty one years (widowed at 39 years of age) and she still spoke sadly of her husband but also remembered to tell me all of the happy times that they had together. Perhaps that is the way of life. Not sure really. I can not see myself enjoying being where we were together as a couple. That just seems to be strange to me. I need to refind the 19 year old's life that existed before Edward really I think. But that person lived at home in a large family with my oldest sister then married and my first niece was just a toddler. I was busy going to University during the school year and working in the summers. I spent a little time with classmates but mostly I was thinking about doing medicine and becoming a medical missionary. I knew someone in Africa at that time (he had asked me to marry him when I was just 16 but my parents forbade that). He was a missionary teacher managing a school there. He was also ten years older than I was. Now at 76 I will not be returning to that sort of thinking. But the free thinking that I was doing at that time is what I have to refind. I have tended to just follow Edward's thinking these fifty four years. I really did not think for myself a great deal of the time except for raising the children; that was my independent thinking although we also discussed how we would raise our children for sure. 

Today I will attend the DNA meeting on Zoom. I will be a listener for sure and there are a couple of interesting discussions. Tomorrow I will attend Church on You-Tube. In between I have a number of items to work on. It will be a busy weekend as I also want to do some more cleaning before the family comes home. Just a few things here and there. I was going to work on the toys but want to do that with the boys as they are their toys even if they go back to babyhood!

No comments: