Saturday, November 20, 2021

Cold but pleasant

 The cottage as always is cooler than the city but very pleasant. The mind just enjoys what it sees and is content. Plus there is a Sudoku book at the cottage and when I first retired I got used to being home all day by playing Sodoku. It does take time to free the mind from an 8 hour day of work away from home or even at home. You need to still keep the brain cells humming and Sudoku does do that for sure at least for me. That lasted for about a year and I discovered microsoft solitaire and that became my new way to start the day to wake up the brain. 

Looking forward to getting back to Chromosome 16 and the small bit of tweaking that I did again with the results of the one person who did not do 23 and Me. The FT DNA results fit in very well into the schematic but at the time I first phased I was not as knowledgeable and missed the numerical record and what it meant. 

I have five new matches to work in as well. I pretty much do not look at anything under 20 cM these days unless it is an interesting spot or I know the genealogy of the person (i.e. they are related to me). 

This week flew by very fast but I have managed to keep up my exercise for the most part. I will clean the basement again today as I want it to be already when my daughter comes home. The cleaners will keep the other two floors spotless as always. I am very pleased with their work. The basement though is somewhat cluttered although considerably less so now. There is a huge empty area actually now and soon it will be empty all through the middle with just things around the outside. That will be really nice. 


No comments: