Thursday, November 4, 2021

Cleaning Day

Will start off right away with the vacuuming and then take a break and continue working on the painting of the 23rd chromosome. It is wonderful to now have that all set and I will move to Chromosome 22 next. 

Another beautiful but sunny cold day. Winter is coming and with it the long nights to work away at transcription. I hope to make some inroads in the backlog of wills that I have for the Blake family. 

I have also been planning in my mind the Celebration of Life for Edward just before Christmas. I would like to bury us in the Columbarium at Christ Church Cathedral and have almost made that final decision to find out about a spot there. It is a beautiful area and the sound of the organ fills the room with the many services that are held at the Cathedral. 

Just a few more posts and the Romance of the Charley Family book will be complete. I do think I might look at the Siderfin family book next. There are errors in it which I would fix and add to the information that is there since I have a lot of information on the Siderfin family. My line goes back to Elizabeth (Betty) Siderfin who married John Rew 30 Jan 1792 at Selworthy, Somerset, England. John Rew was the son of John Rew and Sarah Moggridge and Elizabeth Siderfin was the daughter of Robert Siderfin and Grace Kent. John and Elizabeth lived at Bratton which is close to Minehead and it was always a mystery how Elizabeth Rew met John Pincombe until I discovered that she was a teacher. I have not yet found where she worked but it makes sense that she may have moved around a bit with her teaching. The Moggridge family is found in the Bishops Nympton area as well. Elizabeth (and her twin Charlotte) were the youngest children in the family of seven. The only surviving boy was Thomas Rew who married Elizabeth Marsh and they lived at South Molton which is another interesting detail since South Molton is a very short distance from Bishops Nympton. 

It will be awhile before the blogging of the Siderfin book begins as I need to retype it as well. 

No comments: