Canada is a strong country. In 1939 and 1940 our convoys crisscrossed the Atlantic Ocean daily carrying food and supplies to the British Isles constantly being attacked and tracked by the enemy. We did not quaver; we forged ahead and that is what being Canadian is all about. We can do it. I remember the late 40s and early 50s of the 1900s very clearly. Our soldiers (I lived in a military city as London, Ontario's biggest employer was the Canadian military at Wolsley Barracks) stood tall and always ready for whatever was handed to them. We never really lost that; it just got seconded by the needs of the many as Canada grew through the 1980s and 1990s. But we are back, our military is growing rapidly and our equipment is topping it up all over. We will defend North America along with our neighbours to the south and our friends in Europe/British Isles. A large number of countries have an Arctic coastline.
I am finding the Book of Ezra very very interesting. We are now approaching the prophecies of the prophets and the promise of a Messiah. That along with the return to Jerusalem make the readings very significant. It is amazing that it is the King of Persia, he said that God told him to do it, who sends the Israelites back to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. It is just 500 years now before the birth of Jesus Christ. I know I have read the Book of Ezra before but it has been a very long time. Yesterday I read the first five chapters and today I am reading the remaining five chapters. The next book is Nehemiah. I always feel privileged to read these ancient writings and thankful to the Jewish people for their gift to the world of all these writings. We are now into the time of the great libraries that I talked about before. Knowledge is now being stored up and passed around to the scholars of the known world. But the value of the Bible stretching so far back in time must never be overlooked.
Worked on the matches and still a few to do and I will work away at that today once again. Yesterday I vacuumed both floors and it does look good. I will scrub the bathrooms today and do the dusting next week when I clean again. I need to clean all of the floors although the dogs have been very good and I clean their feet at the door. But the younger dog has thick curls that do not shed but do hold vast amounts of water.
I am starting to think about all of the new projects coming to Canada in the next months as we continue to diversify our trade around the world. It is very exciting time for Canada. The loss, if it happens, of the three big American car makers will be quickly filled by others and I must say having driven in Dodge cars for all my life they will be truly missed. The hit to their bottom line (the three American car makers) will be huge as we buy a lot of American corporate vehicles in Canada made in Canada. But you can sense the burgeoning of new car companies coming to Canada to build cars with Canadian materials and no more worries on our part that they have just come to try and have a back door into the United States. We have lots of room for car factories (including home grown) and lots of workers and purchasers.
An interesting aside the French call the channel of water to their north La Manche and the British call it The English Channel.
Looking out my window I remember last spring when the City truck came along and cleared away the built up salt and mud along the kerb. As usual that big black truck was out there and now I have this pool of water there because it is landlocked. I am not strong enough to move that anymore but it is a place for mosquitoes to breed. One must notice what is happening in the world around them as it took them quite a while to clean the street. When I looked out the window one time the man in the city truck pointed at the black truck and made a motion for me to move it. I nodded my head no, and pointed across the road. We all pay our taxes. I once asked his wife to move the truck but apparently she can not drive it. That is really serious as it could be an emergency and that truck had to be moved so one shouldn't own something one cannot move! Of course someone else might move it!
So still matches to do and I will work at that and also scrubbing the two bathrooms and that will be the cleaning for this week. Next week is a thorough cleaning including scrubbing all the wooden floors. I am ready for the challenge; all better. God will not call me home this time I guess.
Thank you God for another beautiful day in Your world. A bit cloudy but other wise a lovely late summer day.
No comments:
Post a Comment