Generally I only go to a dentist every nine months unless I need a tooth repaired. I was last there nine months ago. When I arrived the welcome person was missing. I saw that the indoor slippers were back but could not see where to put my shoes if I took them off. Just at that moment one of the people who works at the dentist's office came in to the welcome area so I asked but she said not a problem to keep them on. During and after COVID I always brought a bag for my shoes so that they were sorted but I didn't have a bag. I settled for keeping them. There weren't any outdoor shoes sitting around and all the rooms were busy. As I waited for my turn (I was about five minutes early), I again contemplated how as a child I thought my grandmother was so lucky to have false teeth and hoped I would soon as well as I hate going to the dentist. But I still have 27 of the 28 (4 wisdom teeth removed) so must do the dentist thing every nine months. Checkup went well, cleaning went well. One tiny cavity on one of the capped teeth (just below the cap). I do not mind freezing as I have neuralgia in my jaws and the process sometimes sets that off. But all in all it went well although took one hour instead of half of an hour as they were short one person. The dogs were impatient when I arrived back an hour and a bit later; wondered where I was. The trials and tribulations of being 81 I guess. I will bring my shoe bag next time. Maybe my teeth will all fall out and I can have false teeth! I actually pay more each year for my dental insurance then is actually the cost of my usage but one never knows. If I do not have teeth then more room for people to have their teeth fixed at the dentist!
No work on the matches but maybe today. Dogs kept me very busy yesterday and it was clean the basement day. All completed.
Reading 2 Chronicles and again a recitation of the history of the Kings of Israel/Judah. Mind seems busy and only read four chapters.
Today cleaning the top floor and my daughter has done half of it which is great. The dogs are still asleep. Two more days and my father would be 122; he did live to be 94.5 years of age.
Solitaire puzzles to do. Weird phone numbers again; I do wish these people trying to scam you would get a job and stay off of my phone! I do read my text when I recognize it otherwise I seldom answer the phone.
My working time is coming as we reach far into August. Must book my appointment with the dentist for repair and I have noted on the wall calendar to take my shoe bag. Back to the old life style.
No comments:
Post a Comment